Climate-Controlled Units in Sioux Falls
What is Climate Controlled?
A Climate-controlled storage unit is kept at a temperature between 55 and 85 degrees (F). In general, climate-controlled storage is beneficial for storing valuable or environmentally-sensitive items. Climate-controlled storage units are almost always indoor, and with stable temperatures and humidity levels, your valuables will be better protected from damage in long-term storage.
Strongly consider climate-controlled storage if:
- You don’t know how long your belongings will be in storage.
- For one reason or another, you suddenly don’t have room for all of your furniture or belongings and you don’t know when you will have space for them again. If you are storing things indefinitely, play it safe and use climate-controlled storage.
- You’re storing things year-round.
- If your belongings, such as winter clothes and indoor Christmas decorations, are going to spend more time in storage than out of storage, consider climate-controlled storage. These items were intended for indoor use and will sustain damage from months of exposure to heat, cold, and humidity.
- Your belongings have high sentimental value.
- Put your important belongings, such as heirlooms and old photographs, in climate-controlled storage regardless of region and type of item. Remember that some items can be expensive and often impossible to replace.